Need some Christmas Cocktail inspo? We have put together our top 7 favourite festive cocktail for you to serve around the holidays!
Maple Syrup Holiday Whiskey Cocktails
• 15ml real maple syrup
• 3 dashes angostura bitters
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 30ml burbon
• 1 egg white
1. Add maple syrup, lemon juice, angostura bitters, bourbon and the egg white to a cocktail shaker.
2. Close the shaker and shake vigorously (and I mean vigorously) for 15-20 seconds.
3. Carefully open the lid and add in a handfull of ice.
4. Close the cocktail shaker and shake again until the shaker becomes cold.
5. Strain the cocktail into a glass filled with ice. Your cocktail should be nice and frothy at the top from the egg white.
6. Garnish with a lemon twist or one of these adorable Christmas tree cocktail stirrers.
Cranberry Gin Fizz Cocktails
For the Sparkling Branches
• About 1 cup sugar, divided
• 1/2 cup water
• Fresh rosemary sprigs
• Fresh cranberries
For the Cocktails
• 1/2 cup gin
• 1/2 cup cranberry juice
• 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
• 1 tablespoon simple syrup
• Club soda
• Sliced lime for garnish, if desired
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/2 cup of the sugar and the water, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the simple syrup cool slightly.
2. While the simple syrup is cooling, assemble the sparkling branches. Trim your rosemary sprigs so they are about 1-inch longer than the width of your cocktail glasses. Remove and discard some of the lower leaves, leaving the main stem intact. Using a toothpick, poke a small hole all the way through the cranberries. Then thread two cranberries onto each rosemary stem. You’ll want to make at least one sparkling branch for each cocktail.
3. Pour the cooled simple syrup into a shallow bowl. Place the assembled branches in the simple syrup, turning them to coat. Then working with one branch at a time, remove it from the simple syrup and gently shake off any excess liquid. Hold the branch over your sink or a bowl and sprinkle it lightly with a small amount of the remaining sugar, turning the branch as you sprinkle the sugar so it coats all sides evenly. Place the sparkling branch on plate and set aside. Continue working until all the branches have been coated. Reserve some of the simple syrup for making the cocktails.
4. To make the cocktails, add the gin, cranberry juice, lime juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously to chill. Then strain into two glasses with fresh ice. Top with club soda, stirring gently to combine. Garnish with a slice of lime and a sparkling branch. Serve immediately.
Sparkling Cranberry Apple Cider Punch
• Sugar and ground cinnamon, for the rim
• Lemon wedge
• 90ml apple cider
• 50ml cranberry juice
• 50ml vodka
• 30ml fresh lemon juice
• 60 ounces dry champagne
• Cranberries, pomegranate seeds
• cinnamon sticks, star anise to garnish
1. Place the sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Rim a glass with a lemon wedge and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat the rim.
2. Fill the glass with ice.
3. Pour the cider, cranberry juice, vodka, and lemon juice over the ice. Fill the rest of the glass with the champagne.
4. Garnish with cranberries, pomegranate seeds and cinnamon stick.
Holiday Sangria With Persimmon, Apple & Cranberry
• 1 large apple thinly sliced
• 1 lime thinly sliced
• 1 persimmon cubed
• 1 cup fresh cranberries
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 1 bottle red wine
• 1/2 cup Grand Garnier
• 350ml lime flavored sparkling water
Add the apple, lime, persimmon, cranberries and cinnamon sticks to the bottom of a glass pitcher. Pour in the wine, Grand Marnier and sparkling water. Stir to combine. Place in the fridge for several hours or until ready to serve. You can serve this right away over some ice, but the flavors are best after they sit for a while.
Orange Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
• 30ml Bourbon
• 30ml Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice
• 1 tablespoon Cranberry Sauce
• 60ml Cranberry Juice
• 1/2 sprig Rosemary, Torn
• splash of Ginger Ale
• Orange Wedge
• Sprig Rosemary, Optional
1. Add the bourbon, orange juice, cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, and rosemary to a cocktail shaker.
2. Muddle to combine.
3. Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
4. Top with a splash or ginger ale and garnish with an orange wedge and sprig or rosemary.
Spiced Cranberry Moscow Mule
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
• 120ml agave nectar
• 120ml hot water
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Cranberry Orange Gin Sling
• ½ an orange, juiced
• 120ml cranberry juice
• 60ml dry gin
• 30ml cinnamon simple syrup
• cinnamon sticks (optional for garnish)
• rosemary sprigs (optional for garnish)
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
1. In a medium-sized bowl, stir agave nectar and hot water together until the agave dissolves.
2. Stir in the cinnamon and set simple syrup aside to cool.
Cranberry Orange Gin Sling
3. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake well to mix.
4. Pour cocktail over ice and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and cinnamon sticks.
North Pole Vodka Cocktail
• 120ml vodka
• 60ml Kahlúa or more to taste
• 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 teaspoons molasses
• 1/8 teaspoon ginger
• 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
• whipped cream candy canes and gingerbread cookies, for serving (optional)
1. In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, Kahlúa, chocolate syrup, vanilla, molasses, and ginger.
2. Shake until well combined. Add ice and shake again.
3. Strain into 4 glasses. Top off each glass with heavy cream.
4. Dollop with whipped cream and garnish as desired.