Need a holiday project? Create your own fun centerpiece with the The Soffritto™ Sleigh & reindeer making set! This baking set is a great activity to do with the kids and you can fill the sleigh with sweet treats!
The Soffritto™ Sleigh & reindeer making set includes 4 shapes to make the
reindeer and sleigh shaped cookies
• Baking paper
• 125g butter, at room temperature
• 50g (1/4cup, brown sugar
• 50g (1/4cup, ) white sugar
• 125ml (½cup) golden syrup
• 1 egg, separated
• 375g (2½cups) plain flour
• 1 tbs ground ginger
• 1 tsp mixed spice
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• Plain flour, to dust
• 150g (1 cup) pure icing sugar, sifted
1. ) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. ) Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
Add the golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined.
3. ) Stir in the flour, ginger,mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place
in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
4. ) Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use a cutter to cut out shapes. Lift away the excess, and place paper with gingerbread shapes directly on trays. Repeat with any excess dough on new baking paper.
5. ) Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until brown. Large sleigh sides may need an extra minute. Remove from oven. Transfer to a rack to cool.
6. ) Meanwhile, place egg white in a clean, dry bowl. Use an electric beater to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until stiff
7.) Place prepared icing in small plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe icing over shapes to decorate.
8.) When decorated pieces are dry join together with icing. Some careful trimming of
the slots may be required to open them up a little if they have spread during baking.