• 1kg beef eye fillet or sirloin, cut into 2cm cubes
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil or good-quality animal fat
• 4 spring onions, green and white parts separated and chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
• 1 choy sum, roughly chopped
• 2 ½ teaspoons black peppercorns, finely crushed
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 4 tablespoons tamari
• 4 tablespoons chicken bone broth or water
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 2 teaspoons grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons tapioca flour, mixed with 2
• tablespoons cold water
• 2 carrots, spiralised into thin noodles
• 2 zucchini, spiralised
1. Heat a wok or large, deep frying pan over high heat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or fat and swirl around the pan.
3. Tip in the beef, in batches, and stir-fry until browned, about 2–3 minutes, then remove from the pan.
4. Melt the remaining coconut oil or fat in the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Add the white part of the spring onion, the garlic, capsicum and choy sum and stir-fry for 2 minutes until just tender.
5. Sprinkle on the pepper and cook for 10 seconds until fragrant, then mix in the honey, vinegar, tamari, broth or water, sesame oil, ginger and tapioca paste and bring to the boil.
6. Add the carrot noodles and cook for another minute.
7. Return the beef to the pan and toss with the sauce and veggies. Add the zucchini noodles and the remaining spring onion, gently toss and cook or 1 minute until heated through.
8. Place on a large platter or individual plates and serve.