These delicious Avocado Fries by Chef Pete Evans are the perfect healthy alternative. This recipe is super simple to make and will serve 4 for a yummy snack!
• 50g (½ cup) tapioca flour
• 150g (1 cup) white and black sesame seeds
• 2 avocados, cut into 2cm thick slices
• 3–4 tablespoons coconut oil
• ½ teaspoon ground spice (such as curry powder,
• smoked paprika, cumin or turmeric) (optional)
• Sea salt
• Lemon wedges, to serve
1. ) Whisk the tapioca and 80ml of water in a bowl until combined. Place the sesame seeds in a small, shallow bowl.
2. ) Dip the avocado slices into the tapioca mixture to coat, then coat with the sesame seeds, patting down gently.
3. ) Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on high. To test the temperature, drop a small piece of avocado in the oil – it should bubble instantly around the edges.
4. ) Working in batches, fry the avocado for 50–60 seconds on each side or until the sesame seeds are golden. Drain on paper towel and season with a little spice (if using) and salt.
5. ) Arrange on a platter and serve with some lemon wedges to squeeze over the top.