Always a crowd pleaser, the Moscow Mule Gets a refreshing peach twist! Recipe by: Waiting on Martha
The Moscow Mule has been around since the 1940’s, when it was born in Los Angeles thanks to a marketing campaign by a vodka distributor and ginger beer maker. While many bartenders have put their own twist on the Moscow Mule over the years, this recipe uses peach flavoured vodka for a more summery taste.
So why are Moscow Mules always served in the iconic copper mug? The most scientific benefit of using copper moscow mule mugs is temperature. The copper cups offer an extra-cool sensation, due to the metal quickly taking on the icy temperature of the cocktail.
• 45ml Peach Vodka
• 15ml Fresh Lime Juice
• 1/2 Cup Ginger Beer
• 1-2 Stems of Fresh Mint plus more to garnish
• 1 Peach peeled and sliced
• Fresh lime wedges, peaches and mint for garnish
• Ice Cubes
1. | In your mug, smash/muddle 1/2 of your fresh peeled peach and fresh mint “clapped between your hands to release the aromatics
2. | Pour vodka, lime juice and ice cubed
3. | Top with ginger beer, stir to combine and garnish