Keep warm this Winter with these delicious light and fluffy homemade marshmallows. This recipe is so easy and kid-friendly so your little ones can join in on the fun.
• 1 ½ Cups caster sugar
• 2 Tablespoons of gelatine
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• Optional food colouring of your choice*
• 2 Cups desiccated coconut
1. | Combine sugar and 2/3 cup of hot water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is clear.
2. | Combine gelatine and 2/3 Cup of cold water in a jug. Pour this into the hot syrup and stir for 3 minutes or until gelatine had dissolved. Pour into bowl and set aside to cool.
3. | Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and gelatine mixture on high for approximately 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture is thick. Add vanilla into the mixture.
3. | Spread the mixture into a baking paper lines pan. Smooth the top and set aside at room temperature for an hour
4. | Lift onto a board. Using a wet knife, cut marshmallow into square pieces.
5. | Optional colouring* Place 1/2 cup of coconut in a snap-lock bag. Add 8 – 10 drops of food colouring per bag. Seal and rub colour into coconut. Place 1 marshmallow at a time in each bag and gently toss in coconut to coat. Remove marshmallow to a wire rack and set aside an hour to dry.