This Traditional roast accompanied by veggies is sure to be an instant classic this Christmas.
We recommend baking this delicious herb roast using the Baccarat Professional Roaster with Rack 40 x 34cm due to the large size and the handy rack that comes with it allowing for the veg to be roasted underneath in the delicious juices!
• Whole Chicken (Around 2.4kg)
• 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
• 2 Teaspoons of Mixed Dry Herbs
• 8 Small Desiree Potatoes, halved
• 600g Jap Pumpkin, peeled, chopped
• 2 Medium Carrots, peeled, chopped
• Steamed green beans, to serve
1. ) Preheat the oven to 220C. Trim fat from chicken. Discard neck. Rinse chicken . Pat dry with paper towel. Tie legs with kitchen string. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with herbs and season with salt and pepper
2.) Place chicken breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Place on the lowest oven shelf and roast for an hour.
3. ) Meanwhile, place potato in a heatproof, microwave-safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100%) for 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a heavy-based roasting pan. Add pumpkin and carrot. Add remaining oil. Toss to coat.
4. ) After chicken has roasted for 1 hour, place vegetable pan on highest oven shelf. Roast chicken and vegetables, turning vegetables during cooking, for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer (cover chicken with foil if over-browning). Serve with beans.